Monday, June 15, 2009

Why I Decided to Blog again

Hi. Its been a long time since I blogged so now I am back and trying to get into the swing of things again. I started blogging so that my voice could be heard and so that I could get the news out about my poetry book. I thought that I could break into the writing business by self-publishing my way to the top. I learned a cruel but valuable lesson; things don't always workout the way you plan. I talked about everything on my first blog but very few people clicked in and very few people listened. Well, I guess the wrong people listened and I ended up getting a nasty virus that caused my computer to crash taking with it all of my poetry files and research papers(I was in grad school at the time). I vowed that I would never blog again. In frustration, I dismantled my site. Abandon my website and never looked back. Meanwhile, my poetry books sit dusty and forgotten on the electronic shelf of the POD that promised me bright lights and big dreams. I know now that if I want to make it as a writer, I have got to work my way up from the bottom just as I had done with becoming a teacher. Blogging is the best way to get my voice out and even if I don't get paid for it, I am just glad to have the opportunity to write. I love writing and next to teaching, its the only thing I ever really wanted to do. So now I am in it for the long haul. I will only write about what interests me and events that affect the world around me and you. I have given up politics. I leave political analysis to the people who are paid to do it and subsequently waste taxpayers money. I now issue an invitation to the fans of writing and reading. If you like to write, if you love to read; tell me about your life. I am here and will be listening. Lord knows I am going to be writing telling you about mine. Whatever is on your mind, please share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment