Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Online Learning: Benefits and Consequences part 2

Hi bloggers! Yesterday, I started with the first part of a long conversation about the benefits and consequences of online learning. For me, it has been mostly benefits but for some of my friends it has been hard consequences. I have a friend for confidential purposes, I call her Lydia, who decided to go to school online. She did well in the online sector until her financial aid kept getting screwed up. Then her classes started being dropped and she was never informed until an hour before she was to enter the class. After calling and specking with academic counselor after counselor, she decided to go some place else. She enrolled in a traditional school that offered online degree programs and since switching; she has been happy ever since. For me, the online experience was the best choice I ever made. I am nopt trying to plug any online colleges or anything but I was proud to have earned my degree online and have it recognized by my state board of education. Regardless of what some people think, online learning is not easy street. You have got to work hard if you want good grades. I had to work hard and I did and I think it is very sad that people do not want to recognize an online degree as legimate or credible as a traditional one. Learning online is not for everyone especially if those individuals think that they are going to be given easy Mickey Mouse stuff. Online learning is not for the lazy, it is for the busy people who need an advance degree but don't have the time to sit in a classroom and listen to a lecture.

No comments:

Post a Comment